Friday, October 9, 2015

Forgiveness




I have hesitated talking about this topic for a few months now, with the disagreement of the world behind me.  For apparently Sin is rated on a scale of bad to worst, and only the bad ones are forgiven.

Some people don't practice forgiveness whatsoever. Others do but think that forgiveness is only acceptable for certain people and certain things.  The other certain people and things are left in a category of unforgivable. Even in the Christian world, There are a few "Unforgivable Sins." which makes this topic so controversy and hard to talk about.  But there is ONE here who has showed me otherwise, ONE who stands behind me and he is here with me now telling me to write this. So here we go.

Hate the SIN not the SINNER

This world wanders around far too much and far too long with anger and hate in their hearts. People and the things that people do are often looked at as "unforgivable"
Now I have struggled with forgiveness and let me be the first say,  to not forgive is an ugly thing. While we are busy holding this frustration against people we are doing real harm to ourselves. We become captives to hate, A murderous spirit.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Most of my readers know my story, for those who don't here is a quick overview.

Ezra Rene'e My only child my beautiful baby girl. She lived to be 22 months. Her father in I separated in December of 2013. He had started seeing another woman (For the sake of this message we will call her Angela.) Now Angela had become close to our family, she had come in as the "step- mother" in a sort, taking care of Ezra. And becoming my friend, or so I thought.

August 22, 2014  11:47pm "Ezra's not breathing"
The message set to my phone.
I had a long drive to the hospital, three hours. In that time no one knew if she was okay or not. Was she alive? Severely injured? Dead? The longest most fearful drive of my life. I prayed, and I had prayed In a way I never had before. Somewhere about halfway through the drive to the hospital HE spoke.
HE said "She is gone, I have her, And I want you to forgive Angela now." In tears and with a silent gasp I mustered a very uneasy but trusting "Okay"
We finally got to the hospital where three hours after my arrival they gave us the news that would turn my world upside down forever.
"She didn’t make it"

Three months after her death Angela was arrested for murder in the 1st degree.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Angela,

We are not born into this world evil,  but innocent. You were once a daughter just like mine crafted beautifully and perfectly by the hand of God. But somewhere in this life you were corrupted, by choices and influences.  I believe that somehow and somewhere also chosen by the hand of God there is a different path for you, one that is illuminated by his light.

I want you to know that I forgive you, I forgive you for taking away my child and stripping me of my joy.  When the world shouts death and hate on you know that someone out there is asking God for your forgiveness. Asking that you can find his light, his love, his mercy. Somehow through all of this I have not found it in myself even to hate you, not even once.

I have chosen to see you for what God created not what the Devil has turned you in to. For you too, along with every other person who has sinned on this earth are a Child of God.

Find Him, and strive for Him because he is your only path out of this. No lawyer, no trial, no message will set you free. That can only be done through Jesus Christ. And I know that if I can find it in my heart to forgive you it is in His too, for his heart and his forgiveness is far greater than mine.

I know you're out there reading this. I pray that you are doing well and you are finding a path that will lead you out of the shadows. I think of you often, and I pray for you all the time.

-Naomi



Matthew 5:43-44


“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,










No comments:

Post a Comment