Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's day. A time of grievance or a time of joy?

Mother's Day!

3 years ago I received the best mothers day gift of all, I found out that I would be having a little girl, Her name would be Ezra Rene'e Wilson. I would only get the joy to spend this day with her twice in her short life. And that makes this mother's day very hard.

All week I have had a glum feel surrounding me. I am nervous about what May 10th will hold in store for me this year. Agony? Heartbreak? Sorrow? Most certainly the inability to contain all of those tears. I have an on going timer in my head, counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, until that pain sets it.  One day until mother's day and my heart is shattered, my bones ache, and my muscles are tender. I woke up broken.

Mother's day, A day of celebration, A day of honor. For the ones who nurtured, cared, and loved us. A day for the mothers we have, the mothers we have become, the mothers to be, the grandmothers, and the women who stepped up to the plate when they didn't have to.

But what about the child without a mother? What about the mother without a child?

With the help of a friend I have learned, That this is your day too!

Maybe we can reverse the cycle and instead of suffering through Sunday May 10th, Maybe we can celebrate it! Why? Because today belongs to you! Yes you who is reading this right now! This is your day! For you had the most wonderful mother and she wants you to celebrate! For you who have lost a child, you are still mother and you deserve it! Tomorrow instead of lingering in the affliction I challenge you do something special. Let's spend this day rejoicing with our loved ones in spirit! They want that joy for you.

Tomorrow I will get out of bed, I will put on my Sundays best and make my way to church. After that I plan on going on a hike down at some water falls and will letting go of some balloons in memory of a daughter. I will celebrate the life we had together and I will celebrate the mother she made me become. 

I pray that all the other mommies and daughters who are out there dreading this day that God will give you comfort.
 
Father I ask for light to be led into their lives today,
That today they can find healing instead of mourning,
Speak peace into them,
Wrap them up in your cloak so close that they have no choice but to rejoice!
Thank you for always standing by our side even when it is to hard to see,
You are a GOOD father!



When the world calls me bereaved HE calls me a mother!... And in being a mother, tomorrow is my day to celebrate!


Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/dtstopbelieving

No comments:

Post a Comment